Thursday, June 26, 2008

Dispatch from Portugal



Hello everyone,

I’m Tom, the lucky guy who’s given the amazing opportunity to follow jack Johnson over the European leg of his world tour. From now on, I’ll follow up Elizabeth’s reports and I’ll do my best to share my experiences and impressions on tour through regular updates.

But first I’d like to thank Jack Johnson and all his crew for having me on board, and of course Surfrider Foundation for giving me a chance to follow these guys on 12 European venues.

I hope you’ll enjoy those reports as much as I’ll have fun writing them (in advance Sorry for my French)


DAY 1: Pavilhao Atlantico, Lisboa, Portugal

For the first venue, I have the chance to be driven through old Lisbon (with a special mention to the famous barrio alto) by Joao Zamith, Portuguese chapter rep and also member of Surfrider Europe’s board. Joao renowned activism on environmental concerns and profound knowledge of water pollution management will be a precious help on the Surfrider’s booth.

Our board member is currently working on an original project, aiming to gather together different federations from different nautical sports in one event, in order to get more people involved in the nautical areas preservation. To do so, Joao will soon meet the Portuguese minister of sports and youth. Let’s wish him luck and success on this exciting project.

No comments: