Thursday, August 7, 2008

South Jersey Sun



Last night we drove from Mansfield to South Jersey, arriving at 8 a.m. to bright sunny skies and plenty of humidity. The bus ride sleep wasn't too bad for me, as I got the tip to try a Tylenol PM before setting off. Sleep has been spotty because of many nights on the bus, but the food continues to be stellar so I really can't complain!

My volunteers were from the South Jersey Chapter of Surfrider and were very experienced booth volunteers, which was great for me. They added to the booth a petition to ban plastic bags from Ocean City, NJ, a concept/cause near and dear to my heart, and got almost 200 signatures. Once again, Jack came out to meet the volunteers and they were thrilled. At their request I asked him to sign a few Surfrider t-shirts for them to raffle and of course he was more than happy to oblige. Since I had Jack for a few minutes while signing I was able to update him on the folks in Minnesota working on forming a chapter as a result of his concert and he said that it made him feel really good to know that the concert brought them together.

Tonight we drive two hours north to be dropped off in Jersey City, across the river from NYC, to spend 3 days of Village Green at the All Points West Festival. The caterers, together with our bus, head to Baltimore for the Virgin Mobile Festival where Jack is playing before they come back to APW for Sunday's show (Jack is the headliner).


This morning I got a chance to talk to the guys from Rogue Wave and their manager, Rachel, about our Save Trestles campaign and they jumped right on board, knowing the fate of California's state parks is at stake. That's them in the photo. Thanks guys!

See ya all in a few days.

Elizabeth

No comments: